The Perfect Work Dress






I am not sure exactly when I discovered the world of fashion blogs. But, I most definitely remember the first blog that inspired me. It was Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific. I am sure this is not surprising news as she was one of the OG fashion bloggers, and her creative style and innovative layering have dominated the fashion scene for years now.

I think what I loved most about Blair was her creativity. She experiments with pattern and color mixing, layering, and proportions. I am not the type of person who wants to see a fashion blogger "styling" jeans and a t-shirt. I want to see them try something that I may not have thought of. Sure, not all creative looks are winners, or are practical for everyday life, but, for me at least, fashion blogging should be more than just simple looks everyone can copy. 

It was actually on Blair that I fist saw this gorgeous Camilyn Beth Go-Go dress. I remember immediately clicking on her link to view the dress and the brand. That was when I discovered Camilyn Beth and her gorgeous line of dresses. At the time, however, I was living the full grad-student life, only assisting with classes, and really had no need for something so sleek and stylish. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when Camilyn Beth reached out and asked if I wanted to try one of their dresses. It was probably the fasted I had ever replied to a collaboration email. YES! Little did they know I had been dreaming for their dresses for four years.

As I scrolled through their selection of beautiful and sleek dresses, I kept returning to that original Go-Go dress. It is sleek and sophisticated, but the ruffle collar and gold back button details gives it just the right amount of modern chic-ness. When the dress arrived, I was even more impressed with the quality and fabric. It feels like a dream on and fits perfectly. Since it is fall, I decided to layer the dress with a long sleeve blouse. As I was trying it on, however, I had a spark of creative genius. I wondered, "the back details are so cute, how would this look if I wore it backwards?" 

I mean, you know a dress is good when you can wear it forwards and backwards! I will probably stick to wearing as it was intended for work, but I thought it would be fun to mix it up for the blog. As I said before, I think that is the beauty of blogging - experimenting and being creative. 

If you're a full-time professional, professor, or just need something beautiful for a special event, I highly recommend Camilyn Beth. 


I am curious to know why you read fashion blogs and what you are looking for when you do?


SHOP THE POST:



Labels: , , , , , ,