Weekend in St. Augustine










I decided to spend my last weekend in my home state exploring one of my favorite Florida cities, St. Augustine. I had not been in years, and I was quickly reminded why I have so many fond childhood memories from there. Of course, the city has changed over the years, and I was fortunate to have my friend Annmarie (a local and also my friend who lived in Venice this summer) to show me around.

We hit up all of the usual sights - Flagler College, the old fort, lighthouse, and the charming historic streets in and around St. George Street. The highlight of the day, however, was our brunch at Preserved. This restaurant serves up locally-sourced southern cuisine in a historic house complete with front porch. The ambiance is great, and the food is even better. We tried the shrimp and grits, oyster Eggs Benedict, and homemade scones and biscuits.

We spent the rest of our time at the beach, because as much as I am not exactly a beach person, I think I will miss living so close to the ocean most of all.

For a day of walking and exploring St. Augustine, I wore this adorable printed wrapped dress from Madewell. I like it because it is easy to wear, will transition into fall, and can be dressed up for work (with a blazer and heels) or down with a field jacket and sneakers for weekend adventures. There is something about sundresses and sneakers that I love. It is unexpected and insanely practical. I swear these Superstars look great with just about anything, and I am dying to get them in this great pink color.


Have you ever been to St. Augustine?


SHOP THE POST:

Labels: , , , , ,